Monday, 17 December 2012
Christmas Spending Tips for 2012
Top 10 DOs and Don'ts:
1. Do give gifts that people need.
2. Do buy gift certificates instead of mailing gifts.
3. Do draw names for gift exchange.
4. Do buy gifts throughout the year when they are on sale.
5. Do comparison shop.
6. Do buy savings bonds.
7. Do make a gift or provide a service.
8. Do make a list and set spending limits for each person on the list.
9. Do pay for items with cash only.
10. Do wrap gifts in newspaper or comic strips.
1. Don't buy expensive decorations.
2. Don't wait to shop until the last minute.
3. Don't make impulse purchases.
4. Don't be fooled by misleading sales promotions.
5. Don't pay to have gifts wrapped.
6. Don't carry credit cards while shopping.
7. Don't spend more than your budgeted amount.
8. Don't forget your shopping list.
9. Don't purchase several items for the same person.
10. Don't buy items that are not on your list, particularly when shopping with children.
Following these basic rules can help you survive the holidays free of debt.